There are literally thousands of Social Media widgets popping up daily. For business, some are better than others. The following 5 widgets I have successfully implemented for clients who have not built a full community. I would however be remiss if I did not mention that the future of enterprise platform providers will be their ability to seamlessly integrate widgets into their platform. Something to keep in mind!
With that-here are the five:
- JS-Kit Echo – A commenting tool that can be also used a Testimonial solution. Look how Authority Domains used it here. As you can see, it fits seamlessly into any existing website and looks and feels like it belongs.
- Share This- I have blogged extensively about this widget. Why every indexing page of every website is not using this is beyond me! Even if it is an old fashioned push website, this tool is easy to plug in and makes the content of that page something that can be emailed, IM’d, and put into all the major Social Media channels. Many of those channels are “do follow” by Google, which means link juice and organic rankings for that page.
- FriendFeed – Create a Friendfeed page and add in all of your “Social” usernames and password. Friendfeed will document and display all of your social acitivities in an easy to follow display. This give the end user the ability to follow all of your travels in an easy to use navigation. This is an important add-on for bloggers. Here is a great example of a client using it effectively.
- Tweetizen- A couple months back I made mention of Tweetizen. It is a way to post a Twitter group (based on keywords) within any website. If you know CSS you can edit the colors and size to fit your web presence. Although something far more powerful could be already created. Today it was announced that the Delicious creator quietly launched Threaded Twitter Conversations.. http://twit.ac/Tt_V Something to keep an eye on.
- Feedzilla RSS- Having pertinent industry news makes your community, blog or website sticky. It makes your web presence a destination to return to more regularly. It will also give you insight into the latest news so you can blog or offer your opinion real time. You can also add a video Feedzilla widget.
Below is a list of widgets your organization can utilize today. But the five above are ones that I feel are must haves for any business web presence. Please comment and add any other widgets you have successfully utilized.