Because my colleague and freind, Heather Strout, challenged me on her blog to post “25 Things You May Not Know About Me”. I decided to take the challenge on a Friday evening. With dog underfoot, tangerine and Sportscenter in full swing, here are my 25 things:
1. I collected Star Wars figures from 1977-2006 and only quit after Revenge Of The Sith.
2. My passion and knowledge for Social Networking came from running a Metal, Punk and Hardcore music website from 1999 to 2004. We once hit 156,217 on Alexa.com with $0.00 marketing budget.
3. I wanted to be a Hot Dog sales man outside of Shea Stadium and Giant Stadium when I was a kid.
4. My girlfriend Hadley and I have a golden retriever named Leia….after Star Wars of course!
5. I can’t stop eating cashews.
6. My girlfriend Hadley loves books and works at the second oldest indie bookstore in America.
7. My Grandfather was 25% Native American Indian
8. My Father played Legion Baseball with Hall of Famer- Carlton Fisk.
9. My Mother is an established Opera Singer, Watercolor Artist & Teacher.
10. My brother Alex has an unhealthy obsession with Scooby Doo. ZOINKS!
11. I grew up in Vermont and lived on the Ompompanoosuc River which is Native American Indian for “Where Deer Go To Poop”. True story!
12. My Great Grandfather was an architect for several buildings still existing today in the Bronx.
13. I will defend Mr.Met and never apologize for his giant baseball mellon.
14. I took up cooking a few years back and make a mean Salmon & Dill Chowder (Click the link for the recipe)
15. I honestly cannot tell the difference between a $500 dollar bottle of wine and $10 dollar bottle.
16. My Grandfather used to restore 41 Chevy’s from used parts in Hershey, PA.
17. I once got a hit off of MLB pitcher, Chad Paronto.
18. I have amazing friends, starting from Elementary school right through today. You know who you are!
19. I once climbed the steps of the Mayan ruin named Chitzen Itza.
20. Larry Bird was my hero growing up. Today I most admire Al Gore for taking a stand on the environment.
21. I have a 1 year old half sister (Jacklynn) and a 7 year old Step-sister (Emma).
22. I drive a Prius and actually care about my ecological footprint.
23. I believe in my life time that all of us will have an opportunity to travel into space.
24. I believe Barack Obama is this generations John F. Kennedy.
25. I feel fortunate enough to have simply the most amazing girl in my life…Hadley. And although my family is like all families (dysfunctional), I couldn’t ask for better people to call “family” than Hadley, Mom, Dad, Alex, Emma, Lacklynn, Larena, David and…yes…..you Leia!